Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Doctor Who Thoughts

No, no spoilers.

The Official Doctor Who Site has updated for the relaunch, and there are some trailers to watch there as well.

The BBC is reportedly "livid" that the episode was leaked: But BBC chiefs were furious last night that the entire episode - not due to be aired until later this month - has been leaked and put on the internet. The cult sci-fi drama has its publicity launch in Cardiff tonight to celebrate its first TV series for 16 years. However, an insider said of the leak: "We're livid, to say the least. There will be a full inquiry as to how this got out."

And while there are a few folks who've posted negative reviews, apparently the response from Doctor Who fandom has been "overwhelmingly positive". I know that hubby-Eric and I loved it and can hardly wait to see more.

The leaked version may not be the final version. Apparently the music was not finalized when the version was leaked. There is some speculation that the theme song itself is not the final cut. We'll find out in a few weeks.

And yeah, ok. I finally believe that new Doctor Who is being made. I said I wouldn't believe it until I saw it on my TV screen... well, I've seen it now. And I believe.

0 comments: